For the complete visit to the Lord Jagannath temple, you may require at least two hours. Generally, the temple opens, and darshan starts 5:30 AM up to 7:30 PM / 8:00 PM. There is an afternoon break in darshan from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Prasadam timings of the temple are from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
The sevas and poojas performed at this temple are:
- Abakash: During this ritual, the astrologer of the temple announces the specific time for the day’s rituals. Also, during this time, other activities are performed, such as bathing and brushing the teeth of the deity.
- Mailam: Every day, at 6 AM, the temple priests change the dresses and ornaments of the deities of the temple.
- Sahanamela: Pilgrims can enter the inner sanctum to have a darshan. This takes place between 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM.
- Gopala Ballava Pooja: Priests offer breakfast to the deities. They offer sweet popcorn (Khai), coconut sweets, ripe bananas, curd, and chipped coconuts. They also briefly perform pooja with Pancha Upachar only.
- Sakala Dhupa: Three pundits sit in front of the three deities and each one of them. Then they offer bhog. Puri Jagannath Temple Administration bears the cost of the rituals.
- Sandhya Dhupa: The aarti takes place between 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Puri Jagannath temple timings: Opening time, Darshan time and Bhog time
Lesser Known Facts About Jagannath Temple
How to Reach Jagannath Temple railway & airport
Jagannath Temple Puri: History, Significance, Facts – All You Want To Know
Shri Jagannath Aarti : Chaturbhuja Jagannatha Kantha Sobhita Koustubha
श्री जग्गनाथ आरती – चतुर्भुज जगन्नाथ
Puri Jagannath Temple & God Images